Friday, October 29, 2010

Catnip Poofball

I have been trying to use up an unwise purchase of fun fur that has been sitting in my stash for a couple of years now. After watching my cats eat many floofy toys I had an idea... cat toys! Here is my pattern for a poofball your kitty is sure to love:

Catnip Poofball

Yarn: Lion Brand Fun Fur
Needles: US 10 circular or DPN (I used circular with the Magic Loop method)
Gauge: Not important


CO 4
Join into the round.
Round 1: Kfb into every stitch (8 stitches)
Round 2: Kfb into every stitch (16 stitches)
Round 3: Kfb into every stitch (32 stitches)
Rounds 4-9: Knit every round
Round 10: *K2t, repeat from * until the end of the round (16 stitches)
Round 11: *K2t, repeat from * until the end of the round (8 stitches)
Stuff the ball with a small amount of fiberfill or a cotton ball. Add catnip if desired.
Round 12: *K2t, repeat from * until the end of the round (4 stitches)

Break yarn and pull through remaining 4 stitches. Tie a knot (it won't be visible through the fun fur) and pull the tails through the ball to hide it. Toss it on the floor and watch your kitties play!

No comments:

Post a Comment